Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Shinkansen Reservation 2024/5/3 14:47
We will be travelling Fromm Tokyo to Nagoya on May 6, which is the end of the National Holiday here. Please advise if we should reserve the Shinkansen train ticket ahead of time or we can just simply buying it the day of our departure.

Thanks
Phyllis
by Mama Han  

Re: Shinkansen Reservation 2024/5/3 14:57
Yes, I strongly recommend to make advance reservations for a more comfortable travel experience. Use the official JR channels (JR website, ticket machine or ticket office), and not inofficial websites, which don't guarantee reservations and charge at least 10% additionally.

If it accepts your credit card, this official JR website is easy to use:
https://smart-ex.jp/en/index.php

by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen Reservation 2024/5/3 18:32
Yes, definitely. All Nozomi Shinkansen will be reservation only. The slower Shinkansen will have in reserved seats but very unlikely youfll find a free one if boarding from Nagoya.
I went today from Tokyo to Kumamoto and at least between Tokyo and Kyoto there were people standing
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen Reservation 2024/5/3 21:23
Can I use credit card or itfs cash only for booking the tickets in Tokyo Station?
by Mama Han rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen Reservation 2024/5/4 06:51
You can pay with credit card.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen Reservation 2024/5/4 07:45
Reservation on Nozomi is required for the current holiday period including May 6th.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread