Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Japanese dad is not on my birth cert 2024/5/4 23:32
So my biological dad is Japanese, but he is not on my birth certificate (my step father is but he is deceased) also we still have contact with him and still visits us here til now, im 21 and I want to know what process should I do for me to be able to live and be a citizen in Japan.
by keiko yumi  

Re: Japanese dad is not on my birth cert 2024/5/5 10:01
What's your country of citizenship currently?
by James Y (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese dad is not on my birth cert 2024/5/5 10:18
you can't do anything by yourself. he must make some actions.
but, in general, it may cause serious troubles in his family and relatives in Japan, although you are thinking it so easily.
all you can do is that you ask him.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese dad is not on my birth cert 2024/5/5 23:55
I'm Filipino
by keiko yumi rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese dad is not on my birth cert 2024/5/6 09:51
nationality is not a factor for consideration.

Re: Japanese dad is not on my birth cert 2024/5/6 11:26
There may not be anything that you can do to obtain citizenship for Japan right away, but you might want to contact for consultation:
Citizensf network for Japanese-Filipino children Inc.(CNJFC)

Best wishes.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese dad is not on my birth cert 2024/5/6 12:54
although it is how people think about, the best way is that OP makes discussions with him as many times until to get a conclusion.
if OP does not agree with the result, then, OP can ask it to a third person, like an association. but, it may introduce bad relationship between them. it is the final means and probably I think the relationship can't return to the same stage of the previous.

reply to this thread