Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Trip in November, must see/do? 2024/5/8 06:02
Hi! I am trying to plan a trip to Japan for this November, from the third to 20th. I would like to see the foliage, maybe visit Nikko or hakone, spend a couple of days in Tokyo and then head south, Kyoto, Hiroshima and maybe Fukuoka if itfs worth it? I would appreciate any advice or cities/festivals worth check!
by Joy9292  

Re: Trip in November, must see/do? 2024/5/8 07:45
Yes, you can see the autumn leaves, but they start from the north and move southwards. You may be too early for some places. Generally the 2nd half of November is good for where you mention. You might look at the koyo page for more info.
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2014_where.html

You generally want to go to the mountains though to see the leaves changing. If that is your primary interest, you should look into getting an IDP and renting a car while in Japan. If you want to go all the way down to Fukuoka, they may not be as developed as areas further north for your schedule. But a few areas where they are famous and well known to the locals are Akizuki and the Yabakei area. But if all that's too far, Dazaifu makes a good place to visit.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread