Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

JR setouchi pass 2024/5/9 19:56
My partner and I are travelling to Japan in November and i am struggling to work out if the Setouchi pass is beneficial for us. I havenft not been able to find an itinerary like ours in previous posts!

We will be in Kyoto from days 10-13, Osaka days 14-18 and fly home from Kansai airport.

My idea would be to activate the pass on day 11, for us to use until the end of the holiday but I have a few questions.

The main use of the pass will be a return trip to Fukuoka for the sumo on day 15.

We will also be travelling to Kobe, Nara, and Universal studios whilst in Osaka.

Are we able to use the pass on local trains around Kyoto and Osaka?

Can we use the pass to travel to the airport?

Can we use it for all our day trips, including universal?

Ultimately, is the pass cost effective with our plans?

Thank you in advance :)
by Dalyce  

Re: JR setouchi pass 2024/5/10 18:03
Are we able to use the pass on local trains around Kyoto and Osaka?

You can use it for JR trains, such as Osaka to Universal City, Kyoto to Saga-Arashiyama. However Metro lines are not covered.

Can we use the pass to travel to the airport?

Yes, but if you start using it on day 11 it will be expired on day 17 so you can't use it on day 18.

Can we use it for all our day trips, including universal?

On JR trains only. But I think you can use it for most of your trips.

Ultimately, is the pass cost effective with our plans?

Yes. A round-trip from Shin-Osaka to Hakata will cost about 30000 yen and you can cover other trips, for example round trip to Kobe, going to the airport etc. But if I were you I would do the day trip to Fukuoka from Osaka, not Kyoto, because the pass do not cover Shinkansen from Kyoto to Shin-Osaka so you need to take local rapid train or Limited Express train to Shin-Osaka and then transfer to Shinkansen.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread