Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

shinjuku prince hotel 2008/3/12 22:37
Has anybody caught airport limousine bus to shinjuku station for shinjuku prince hotel if so is it easy to find the hotel
by richard  

Limousine Bus to Shinjuku 2008/3/14 11:04
Hello Richard:

I noticed that no one responded after 25 hours and I have not caught the Limousine Bus to Shinjuku. However, I've caught to the bus to Ginza a few times.

Looking at the map of Shinjuku, it appears that the distance from the Limousine Stop to Shinjuku Prince Hotel is about 600 meters. For that distance, I would catch a taxi to the hotel instead of walking and lugging my luggage with me.
by Harold rate this post as useful

Its far 2008/3/14 15:16
The bus stop is quite far away from the hotel so best I think to catch the Narita Express and then just walk over if you don't have big luggage.
by So rate this post as useful

Not too bad 2008/3/17 01:36
I have done this. I stayed at the Shinjuku Prince Hotel and walked luggage to the airport limosine bus near Shinjuku station. The lady at the hotel kept insisting it was not that far, so we walked.

I don't think it was that bad, really, and would guess it was less than 600 meters. Of course, it will depend on if you're used to walking, and how much/what type of luggage your carrying. I had luggage on rollers, which was not bad, although part of the path from the hotel to the station was up hill. It sounds like you're asking about the other direction, though, so it'll be even easier. If you have shoulder-carried heavy baggage and are not that used to walking longer distances, I would say once you get there, take a taxi.

As far as how easy it is to find, I didn't think it was too bad, and I do not speak Japanese (much). I believe the Shinjuku Prince is well-known enough so that if you have to ask directions, many people will be able to direct you.

If you're arriving at nighttime it might be more confusing, though. Lots of tall buildings obscuring views, and it'll be crowded.

Do you have a map yet? I had done research and found a map online somewhere; I will have to do some looking to see if I can find it for you.
by Paul H rate this post as useful

Map 2008/3/17 01:48
Here is a map that shows the station, #23 to Narita Airport

http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/guide/map/shinjuku.html

Unfortunately that does not show the Shinjuku Prince. Even the official hotel website does not appear to show a map, but I might have missed it.

If you combine the above map with the following one, you can find roughly where it is:

http://www.asiarooms.com/japan/tokyo/shinjuku_prince-hotel-l...

The more savvy people here can probably post a better map than I did. :)
by Paul H rate this post as useful

Shinjuku Prince Hotel 2008/3/17 07:55
Richard:

The map posted by Paul H for the Limousine Bus shows the location of Shinjuku Prince Hotel. Look at the top right of the SECOND Map to the left of the N for North legend. The name of the hotel is shown just below the un-named train station (Seibu-Shinjuku Station).

I looked at the map of Tokyo and Shinjuku, it looks like the distance is about 450 meters if you can walk a straight line. But, with roadways it looks just under 600 meters which is why I said "about." Its best if you can get a more detailed map of the area if you decide to walk.

Another option if to find out the train that goes from Shinjuku Station to Seibu-Shinjuku Station and catch that train to get you near your hotel.
by Harold rate this post as useful

. 2008/3/17 08:58
There is no train that goes from Seibu Shinjuku Station to Shinjuku Station.

If you're good with navigation you can walk it.

Or if you take the Narita Express train from Narita Airport to Shinjuku Station, you can walk out of the East Exit turn left and walk strait and you'll see the hotel.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread