Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

metro station 2008/4/22 22:45
Can I take a train from shinjuku san-chome metro to the shinjuku station? Are they connected? If not, I would have to walk quite a distance with my toddler.
by karen  

Shinjuku san-chome to Shinjuku station 2008/4/23 08:53
Karen,

You can, using either the Marunouchi Line or Toei Shinjuku Line. However, the walk is about 300 metres as the crow flies, and by the time you walk between the various platforms, there is little difference.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

switch train? 2008/4/23 23:35
Dear Dave,

Sorry to bother u again. Does that means i need to switch train at the shinjuku station in order to get to the yamanote line? Thanks.
by karen rate this post as useful

Shinjuku stations 2008/4/23 23:51
Karen,

Does that means i need to switch train at the shinjuku station in order to get to the yamanote line?

Yes it does. Shinjuku-sanchome station is served by two subway lines: the Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Line and the Toei Shinjuku Line. If you want to catch the Yamanote Line or any other JR Lines from Shinjuku station, I suggest walking directly there rather than catching the subway one stop. Negotiating the stairs at both stations and then walking from the subway platforms to the mainline Shinjuku station will probably be more hassle than walking directly to Shinjuku station in the first place - even (or especially) with a toddler.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

now i know 2008/4/23 23:56
Dear Dave,

Again, thanks so much for your guidance. Now i know how to conquer tokyo with my toddler. cheers!
by karen rate this post as useful

reply to this thread