Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mishima Station to Kawaguchiko Station 2008/8/10 20:01
Can I check is there bus from Mishima Station to Kawaguchiko Station in early Sep as I was told that the bus service stops in end Aug. If so, where and how do I know which bus to take. Also, how does does it take to travel from Mishima Station to Kawaguchiko Station?
by zenn  

... 2008/8/11 16:52
Can I check is there bus from Mishima Station to Kawaguchiko Station in early Sep as I was told that the bus service stops in end Aug.

The bus service between Mishima and Kawaguchiko Station does NOT stop in September. It is operated through the year!

If so, where and how do I know which bus to take.

The bus stops in front of Mishima Station. If you are in doubt, ask a person at the station, bus terminal or taxi stand.

Also, how does does it take to travel from Mishima Station to Kawaguchiko Station?

It is mentioned here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html?aFROM=2157_6900
by Uji rate this post as useful

Bus Timing 2008/8/15 19:03
Thanks Uji!

How can I find out the timing or frequency of the bus? Also, is there any eating area at Mishima Station?
by zenn rate this post as useful

Bus Timing 2008/8/16 15:54
I found the website but it's in Japanese. Can someone help? I will reach Mishima Station at 12pm on 5 Sep. Would like to have a quick lunch at the station before taking bus to Kawatuchiko Station. Would someone advise what's the next available timing?

http://www.fujikyu.co.jp/bus2/jikokuhyo/jikoku01.htm

Buses After 12 pm on Friday, Sept. 5 2008/8/18 11:32
Hi zenn,

According to the online timetable you've mentioned, the buses after 12 PM on Friday, Sept. 5 leave Mishima station at:
12:10
13:10
14:10

Some buses are operated only during the peak season (July 19 to August 31), so in September we have only 1 bus per hour.

Just FYI, when traveling by train, Ekiben ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ekiben ) is a popular way of having lunch in Japan.
by junior rate this post as useful

Bus Timing 2008/8/18 13:19
Thanks junior! Meaning there 12.40pm is not available on 5 Sep?

For 1.10pm, issit a direct bus cos I was told only those with 直通 is direct?

Railway Boxed Meal 2008/8/18 13:21
Junior, I will be travelling from Osaka Jo Keon 9.10am to Mishima Station 11.54am (change via Osaka Station & JR Tokaido Shinkansen Line), Railway Boxed Meal will be available on train? Also, would I be in time to catch 12.10pm's bus?

Thanks!

re: bus 2008/8/18 17:56
#Meaning there 12.40pm is not available on 5 Sep?

That's right. The ones marked with ※ are available only during the peak season (7/19 - 8/31).

#For 1.10pm, issit a direct bus cos I was told only those with 直通 is direct?

You're right that 直通 means direct.
The bus at 1:10 pm is not a direct bus, meaning you have to switch a bus at Gotemba station.

Bus 2008/8/18 18:13
Thanks junior! I will be travelling from Osaka Jo Keon 9.10am to Mishima Station 11.54am (change via Osaka Station & JR Tokaido Shinkansen Line). Will I be able to catch 12.10pm's bus as I am not sure how big is the station and how far is the bus station/bus stop from the station.

re: boxed meal 2008/8/18 18:28
#Railway Boxed Meal will be available on train?

Yes, they are sold on Shinkansen Express. Wagon service for food and beverages will be available at your seat.
Or if you have spare time at Shin-Osaka station, you can buy a boxed meal at a kiosk while waiting for the Shinkansen Express.

#Also, would I be in time to catch 12.10pm's bus?

I think 16 min would be enough. I'd ask a station employee where the bus terminal (for those bounded for Kawaguchiko train station) is right after I get off the train.

re: bus 2008/8/18 18:35
#I am not sure how big is the station and how far is the bus station/bus stop from the station.

Mishima station is much, much smaller than Tokyo or Osaka station. Here's a map:
http://railway.jr-central.co.jp/station-guide/shinkansen/mis...

The bus terminal is just outside of the station, but I'm not sure whether it's on 北口 (North Exit) or 南口 (South Exit). I'm sorry but please ask a station staff so you don't have to choose the wrong exit.

Thank you 2008/8/18 18:45
Thanks junior! You have really been great help :)

Pre Book 2008/8/20 01:40
Btw, do you need to pre book the bus tix or do we pay when we aboard the bus? Are we definately able to get a sit as we have a total of 8 adults.

Pre Book 2008/8/26 01:49
Anyone knows if we could pre book the bus ticket?

... 2008/8/26 08:45
It is not possible to make seat reservations for the buses between Mishima and Kawaguchiko. It is a regular, local bus route, similar to a city bus.

Mishima-Kawaguchiko bus 2009/1/19 10:29
Apologies for the bump on this thread... does anyone know if it is possible to take a suitcase on this bus, given that it's more like a city bus?
by Hayley (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/1/19 18:50
There is no rule that forbids you to take a suitcase on the bus. If the bus is not crowded, it will be no problem, but if the bus is crowded it might cause inconvenience to you and the people around you, especially if it is a big suitcase.

I don't think that the bus is usually very crowded, especially not on weekdays, but I cannot guarantee.

Thankyou! 2009/1/27 17:05
Thanks for the information Uji, I really appreciate it.
by Hayley (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread