Onsen recommendations?

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Onsen recommendations? 2009/6/8 10:35
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me with information about natural onsen. I was hoping to find a couple natural onsen that are situated out in natural/wilderness areas that you need to do a bit of hiking to get to and could possibly camp at.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
by Geoff Magonstin (guest)  

suggestions 2009/6/8 13:26
Consider going to the Shiretoko National Park in Hokkaido. Kamuiwakka-no-taki Falls is a waterfall with 3 levels of natural pools where you can take a dip. You have to hike up 20-30 min. upstream.

On the east coast of the Shiretoko Peninsula, north of Rausu is Seseki Onsen, a natural onsen right by the sea-shore.

Also in Hokkaido, by the eastern shore of Lake Kussharo are a few natural onsens:
Kotan Onsen
Ikenoyu Onsen
Sunayu Onsen, you can dig your own pool on the beach.

by William5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread

Anything we can improve?  Let us know
We strive to keep Japan Guide up-to-date and accurate, and we're always looking for ways to improve. If you have any updates, suggestions, corrections or opinions, please let us know:
Thank you for your feedback.