Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tickets for the Ghibli museum 2009/6/16 22:22
Hi. I am visiting Japan in August and going to spend the last week of it in Tokyo. I am thinking to visit Ghibli Museum and i have heard that i can purchase the tickets in advance from any Lawson convenience tickets kiosk. How many days in advance do i have to purchase them in order to find an available date during this last week? I know its gonna be really crowded because it will be during summer holidays, so i am not quite sure if i can really get them.
by antonios (guest)  

... 2009/6/17 14:52
It would help if you were to point out when is your "last week". Tickets for July are already on sale now and can be reserved online. Not a single slot is sold out for the entire month, so far.

Tickets for August go on sale on July 10, I believe.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks for the reply 2009/6/17 18:32
Thanks for the reply. The week i am going to spend in Tokyo will be the last week of August (24th - 31th). So, is it also able to purchase them online?
by antonios (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/6/17 19:14
With some Japanese language knowledge, it seems to be possible online:
http://www.lawson.co.jp/loppi/ghibli/how_to_buy.html#pc
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks again. 2009/6/17 19:43
Thank you so much, i will show this site to my Japanese wife.
by antonios (guest) rate this post as useful

Outside JP 2009/6/17 20:23
How can I book the tickets if I am out of the listed countries? I have no knowledge on JP language...

Is last week of Aug school or public holiday in Tokyo?
by Apple (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/6/18 20:35
Hi

Juz bumping up this post. How can we get tickets outside of Japan? My local JTB agency do not sell them except in packages.

I will be going in end Aug which is summer holidays and worried that the tickets might be sold out by the time I reach JP.
by Apple76 rate this post as useful

English 2009/6/30 10:09
There is an English button on that website. Also, I think you can purchase the tickets at a travel agency.
by jstalts (guest) rate this post as useful

outside Japan 2009/6/30 10:45
If you cannot use the online reservation system, then you cannot reserve tickets from outside of Japan. They may also require a Japanese credit card or address to use the system.

Unfortunately, JTB's packages will be your only option. The English link only points to instructions for using the loppi system. You still must visit a lawsons in person to make the reservation.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

. 2009/6/30 18:54
Thank you all for your replies. I finally got my answers to get the tickets.

Initially I thought to approach my local JTB means I have to pay a much higher price than the original Lawson priced ticket, so I am resistant to even try calling them.
After sending emails to all the rest of the overseas agents who are selling outside Japan, I found out it was impossible to get the tickets from them because you need to be local(give identity number) in order to purchase. Therefore, the only way seems to be getting in from Japan when we reached there.

However, not giving up, I tried local JTB and realized that they can sell the tickets, provided I get minimum ONE night accommodation from them. Therefore, this will be what I am going to do. A bit troublesome for me to switch hotel but at least the tickets are guaranteed, and the hotel rates are not too high. This will be my solution, although I havenft book yet coz Aug tickets can only get in July.
by Apple76 rate this post as useful

Not sure what the issue is 2009/7/9 07:16
I went to JTB in Orange County and got my ticket for September for $15.
by Fred Johnson (guest) rate this post as useful

issue 2009/7/9 09:18
The issue is that most JTB agencies around the world will not sell the admission tickets separate from a package which typically costs around 6000 yen per person. As they are the sole overseas distributor of Ghilbi tickets, if your regional JTB does this then your only other option is to buy at Lawsons.

Actually, Fred you're rather lucky as your local JTB is the exception rather than the norm.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Belated reply 2009/7/9 10:49
This reply's a bit late now so probably not useful. I tried buying Ghibli tickets once. The first was for the summer vacation Obon week in August - everything was sold out, all week, several weeks in advance.

The second time was just an ordinary Monday; I bought a ticket for two hours later on the same day.

If the end of summer is not a holiday for most adults, but is for kids... I don't know...
by rafracia rate this post as useful

Marsu 2009/8/26 03:47
Please find very useful site for finding ticket sales (online) agents globally - this is how I got my two tickets - ordered them in June 2009 from UK MyBus agent and received them within 2 weeks in registed mail - very convenient!

http://www.ghibli-museum.jp/en/ticket_information/
by oikeamarsu rate this post as useful

reply to this thread