Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Obon 2009 in Tokyo 2009/8/8 12:58
I live in Tokyo. Does anyone know where any O-bon festivals will be held nearby? And when? Arigato!
by Onmura in Tokyo (guest)  

Obon 2009/8/8 17:55
Hello. Obon is not really a festival in terms of parades, dancing in the street etc. Its a family time when people go back to their home town. This means that Tokyo is actually quite quiet (relatively speaking!)
by Top Tonkatsu rate this post as useful

bonodori 2009/8/8 23:52
Surely there must be a scheduled bonodori or two somewhere in Tokyo. Anyone know where and when?
by acase (guest) rate this post as useful

Obon 2009 in Tokyo 2009/8/9 00:00
I have danced and participated in many Obon odori and Odon celebrations in Hawai`i and last year in Japan. There are always local "matsuri"-type festivals where the odori takes place. I am not sure whether there are any in or around Tokyo for the August 13-15 dates. Last year I went to somewhere in Tokyo, but I was wondering whether that was during the July dates. So, are there any around in Tokyo in August? (I live in Tokyo)
by Onmura in Tokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread