Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kawaguchiko 5th Station if not climbing? 2009/8/20 09:33
Hi, I'm planning to visit Mt Fuji from Shinjuku on the Fujikyu Bus in early Sept. Is there much to do at Kawaguchiko 5th Station if I won't be climbing any further up? How much time would i need to explore here? Is there any point? Thanks
by Hitmon (guest)  

kawag 2009/8/20 22:00
hmmm, not much point I would say. The beauty of mt fuji is to be found in admiring it from a distance. Up close its just a big lump of rock! SOme nice views from the 5th station, but no view of Fuji of course! Enjoy the views of fuji from around the lake I saw
by Hikari365 rate this post as useful

Thin air. 2009/8/21 23:03
Fifth station is kind of interesting, depending on your perspective. Where I come from we just don't have mountains, so if I didn't have a chance to climb Fuji-san, I think I might consider your plan. The air is distinctly thinner, which I thought was cool (until I started climbing, anyway). If the weather was good, you could take a little stroll around. There is a little shrine, and several souvenir shops. The toilets are... unspeakable, since there's no running water. I think the other poster's suggestion sounds lovely. I haven't visited the lakes around Fuji but they look gorgeous. There are also some other attractions in the area such as Fuji-Highland safari park and amusements. I also imagine it would be cheaper to visit the Fuji area than to take the Fujikyu bus if you're not interested in climbing.
by Ruth (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread