Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Matsushima in December 2009/10/26 19:04
Hi everyone,

I'm considering taking a day trip to Matsushima when I visit Sendai (29 November - 2 December), but am wondering if Matsushima is still worth visiting at that time of year? Is there any other place you would rather suggest I go to?
I really don't know much about it besides what I've read on this forum, so any constructive advice is much appreciated:)
Thank you:)
by ciwibird (guest)  

Yamadera 2009/10/26 20:14
Go to Yamadera, inland from Sendai - beautiful in the winter.
by flower88 (guest) rate this post as useful

Ishinomaki Mangattan Museum 2009/10/26 20:55
by mitch (guest) rate this post as useful

some suggestions 2009/10/27 02:38
Matsushima is worth visiting any time of the year. Enjoy a relaxing cruise on Matsushima Bay which is especially beautiful during sunset. End of the year is also oyster season in Matsushima region, so don't forget to have an oyster feast while visiting Matsushima.

If you are looking for other side trips from Sendai, Yama-dera is a very good suggestion. The temple bldgs. are spectacularly perched on the mt. slope and the view on top is breath-taking. The only thing to note is that you have to climb about 1000 stone steps to reach the top.

The Mangattan Museum in Ishinomaki is also nice if you are a manga and anime fan. Apart from the museum, the whole town of Ishinomaki is full of street-side cartoon figures. The walk from the JR station to the museum will let you pass funny-looking cartoon sculptures and even a small manga shrine, lots of photo-taking opportunity!

If you want shopping, en-route from Sendai to Matsushima is Mitsui Outlet Park, the largest shopping outlet in the Tohoku region.
http://www.31op.com/sendai/

If you want an onsen experience near Sendai, consider Akiu Onsen which is easily reached by bus from downtown Sendai.
http://akiusato.jp/index.aspx
by William5 rate this post as useful

Great! 2009/10/27 06:03
Thanks to everyone for their opinions,you've been a great help!:)
by ciwibird (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread