Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yoyogi Park 2009/11/5 18:37
I have a question about Yoyogi Park. My friends and I plan to go there on a Sunday morning in April. Where can we find people performing/cos-play in Yoyogi Park on Sunday? What time is the best time?

Also which part of the park has the most Cherry Blossom trees? I read that food stalls are setup there during cherry blossom season. Is that true, if yes, what time do they usually open?

Referring to the questions above, if we are at Harajuku Station, which way should we walk to reach the places mention above? Any directions or map I can get in the net?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! :)
by tsuki (guest)  

Yoyogi Park 2009/11/5 19:05
On any Sunday you can simply arrive at Harajuku station and follow the crowds. You will find the action in Yoyogi Park very easily - no need for a map/.
by flower88 (guest) rate this post as useful

What he said... 2009/11/6 05:40
As long as you take the entrance close to the Harajuku station you'll be fine. I went there on a holiday and enjoyed a lot of music all afternoon long. There was even this old man playing some kind of guitar-like instrument sitting next to me and my gf. I totally recommend Yoyogi!
by Dutchman (guest) rate this post as useful

Yoyogi 2009/11/6 07:45
Note that the cosplayers are not in Yoyogi Park, they are on the bridge outside the Meiji Shrine entrance, which you will see soon after you turn right out of Harajuku station.

At the entrance to the park you may see the rockabilly guys, then in the park there are people juggling, practicing for plays etc, but I've never seen cosplayers in Yoyogi (and I go there often.) There are cherry blossoms down the main road inside the park on the right hand side, but they are also spread around the park, so just have a look around. Expect any areas with cherry trees to be quite busy, even in the morning- it can be hard to find somewhere to sit. The stalls should be setting up around ten or so, they don't open right at a specific time like shops.

To get to Yoyogi, just follow the crowds basically- go to the right out of the main station entrance (not the Takeshita entrance), cross the bridge and pass the entrance to Meiji shrine, continue right around the corner past the pedestrian overbridge and you will see the park entrance.

In any case, I assume you are taking a guidebook or printing out maps of the areas you want to go to? That should make it easier.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2009/11/6 10:47
Thanks for all the replies! As Yoyogi Park is huge, I have no idea where to start, at least now I get the rough idea.

The only map I have are of the area I found in japan-guide.com. I've also been looking at Google Map/Earth and trying to remember it by memory.

Thanks! :)
by tsuki (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread