Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how much money for a week in tokyo 2009/11/22 23:57
i am travelling to tokyo just after christmas and will spend a week there. i have paid for my flight and hotel. i just want to find out how much i should bring for meals, sightseeing, a few good nights out plus travelling around the city. i will be staying in shinjuku.
all suggestions welcome.
by mr hoops (guest)  

... 2009/11/23 22:04
by Uji rate this post as useful

hrms 2009/11/24 06:28
for a week i would say maybe 1500-2000 usd..i was there for 2weeks and i used about 3000usd but thats because i dranked alot and bought many things!
by dvang82 rate this post as useful

rather too much than too little 2009/11/24 07:01
Tokyo is an expensive place. If you want to enjoy it to the fullest I'd say you bring more than you expect to spend. There are so many different foods to eat, theme cafe's to visit etc etc. and that is just food & drinks. I think I spend about 1500 euro just for myself in 15 days last summer. Of which I spend only 5 days in hotels and 3 days in very cheap guesthouses. And I have to say I am notorious for being a very low spender :P
by Dutchman (guest) rate this post as useful

money matters 2009/11/24 14:50
I would have at least 10000 yen per day at least. Food alone is probably 6000 a day.

Bring your credit cards just in case.
by money matters (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread