Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Amanohashidate 2010/1/13 12:24
Hi, can anyone tell me if Amanohashidate gets much snow? I've seen pictures of it snow-covered and I'd really like to see it that way. However, I've also seen pictures of Kinkakuji covered in snow, but have since come to find that you have to be pretty lucky to see it that way. It's difficult to plan for it. So, does anyone know if the same is true for a snowy Amanohashidate? If I were to go in February, would I have a good chance of seeing it in snow, or would I just have to be lucky?
by Barney13 (guest)  

... 2010/1/13 19:04
can anyone tell me if Amanohashidate gets much snow?

It does snow quite regularly, but not a lot. Quite often there is no snow at all.

If I were to go in February, would I have a good chance of seeing it in snow, or would I just have to be lucky?

Statistically speaking, you highest change is in early February, when there is an average of around 10 cm of snow.

But just to give you an idea, I list below the depth of snow measured in a city nearby for February 1st during the last few years:
2009: no snow (there was almost no snow the entire month)
2008: 2 centimeters (melted away on the next day)
2007: 4 centimeters (melted away three days later)
2006: no snow (but 20 cm of snow fell three days later)
2005: 12 centimeters (and an additional 18 centimeters on the following day)
2004: no snow
2003: 9 centimeters
2002: no snow

As you see, there might be snow or might not.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread