Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Direct train from Kawagoe to Shibuya? 2010/1/18 19:00
I am planning to visit Kawagoe in February. I read that there's a direct train from Kawagoe to Shibuya on the Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line, but do not seem to find it on Hyperdia...

Could anyone please advise whether there is indeed a direct train, how much the fare is and where I can get the schedule? I intend to travel on Feb 15 at about 5pm from Kawagoe. Thanks!
by tkic (guest)  

... 2010/1/19 10:38
There are some Tobu Tojo line trains that run as Yurakucho line/Fukutoshin line starting with Wakoshi station and go directly to Shibuya.

For example, one that departs Kawagoe at 17:10 (a local Tobu Tojo line train) "becomes" Yurakucho line/Fukutoshin line train, and gets you to Shibuya at 18:05. This costs 570 yen.

It's not always the fastest way, though. You might as well take a rapid Tobu Tojo line train to Ikebukuro, then change to JR Yamanote line or Saikyo line to Shibuya.
by AK rate this post as useful

Kawagoe to Shibuya 2010/1/19 10:49
tkic,

As AK says, there are direct trains to Shibuya from the Tobu Kawagoe station, but their frequency depends on the time of day - usually a couple per hour during the daytime.
If you are travelling from Kawagoe at around 5 pm, then the 1710 train that AK mentions will be the fastest, cheapest, and most convenient way to get to Shibuya.
The next best route is to catch an express or semi-express to Ikebukuro, and change there to the JR Yamanote Line. Note that the JR Saikyo Line from Ikebukuro to Shibuya is faster as it misses out a lot of stops, but the platforms at Shibuya Station are a long way to the south of the station, so are a long walk if you are heading for the main shopping area in Shibuya.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks!! 2010/1/19 14:50
Thank you so much for your helpful replies. Glad to know there's a direct train from Kawagoe to Shibuya :)
by tkic (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread