Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

North/East Kyoto 2010/2/28 10:23
Hi
Im planning on trying to fit both north and east kyoto in one day and i wanted to know first if it is possible, and second is it possible to easily travel between each place.

the plan so far is:

Kinkakuji to Ginkakuji (philosophers path)
Gion
Kiyomizudera
Sanjusangendo

thanks in advance
by Seratone  

... 2010/3/1 03:20
If you start early and travel at a relatively quick pace, it can be done in a single day.

I personally would first visit Kinkakuji, then take a bus to Ginkakuji, then take a bus and Keihan train via Demachi-Yanagi to Sanjusangendo, then walk to Kiyomizudera and then walk to Gion for dinner.
by Uji rate this post as useful

hmm? 2010/3/1 09:08
an early start isnt a problem, how early would you recomend?

one question, i was under the impression that between kinkakuji and ginkakuji was the philosophers path? is this correct or am i mistaken? because i was planning on walking it.
by Seratone rate this post as useful

Philosopher's Path 2010/3/1 11:14
No, the Philosopher's path is in Eastern Kyoto from Ginkakuji on south to Eikando and ends near Nanzenji Temple.

You would not be able to walk from Ginkakuji to Kinkakuji and see much else in the day!
by Rabbityama (guest) rate this post as useful

my mistake 2010/3/1 15:01
well im not sure where i got that idea from, thanks for the help.

If i drop kinkakuji from the previous list (ill fit it in a different day) would that make the day more relaxed?

would it be easy enough to travel between these point or should i look into specific bus numbers?
by Seratone rate this post as useful

East of Kyoto 2010/3/1 15:22
Yes, you can walk it in one day, but make sure to have an early start as most places tend to close fairly early.
by iwander rate this post as useful

... 2010/3/3 10:18
an early start isnt a problem, how early would you recomend?

I would time yourself with respect to opening hours. The opening hours for most sights is mentioned in the following guide:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2158.html

by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread