Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Minami (Osaka) on a Saturday night 2010/3/1 09:56
I will be visiting and staying close to Minami on a Saturday evening and was hoping to spend the night out exploring the Amerikamura, the Shinsaibashi Shopping Arcade, Nipponbashi Den Den Town and the Dotonbori entertainment district. I know that most of the shops will be shut, but is it still a fun place to visit at night?

Are there pelnty of restaurants open till late? I'm hoping all the bright, colorful displays of the Dotonbori district will stay on until late. :)
by Astara  

yes 2010/3/1 12:33
Saturday night is the most vibrant time in a week. Shops will be gradually closed toward the night. But many bars, clubs & restaurants will open till morning.
by Ts (guest) rate this post as useful

Minami 2010/3/1 15:25
To be on the safe side plan to visit Amerikamura, and the Shinsaibashi Shopping Arcade starting by 5 pm. While in the arcade have a look at the giant BIC electronic store. They have everything the stores in Den Den town have under one rof and many floors.
Den Den town is a maze of small stores (in many cases a different store on each floor of a narrow building) crammed with stuff and it is hard to look at it..
and of course the staff is right by you trying to sell, while in Bic and Yodobashi cameras (in Umeda Kita) you can browse more freely and the aisle are much wider

Dotonbori is "on" all day long and start going in overdrive as the stores are closing...
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread