Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

13 days itinerary in Central Japan 2010/3/2 12:47
I'm flying in & out via NGO in May and will have 13 days on the ground. (1) Does the following itinerary make sense from a logistic point of view?

NGO to Takayama. Use Takayama as base (spend at least 5 nites) to do side trips to Matsumoto, Kanazawa, Shirakawa-go and Furukawa.

Takayama back to Nagoya. Use Nagoya as base to do side trips to Inuyama, Kiso Valley, Gujo Hachiman, Guju, Gero Onsen.

(2) What is the best way to fit in a day trip to Tateyama Snow Corridor? (I can't ski)

(3) Is it advisable to buy JR pass for above itinerary?

I'm doing solo trip and like to walk/trek. If above plan too ambitious, please advise places to leave out. Thanks for any advise.

by Piggy (guest)  

... 2010/3/3 03:41
No, I don't think that Takayama makes a good base. The side trips over the mountains are too time-consuming, infrequent and expensive.

Instead, I recommend to travel in a circle: Nagoya - Kanazawa - Shirakawago - Takayama - Toyama - Alpen Route - Matsumoto - Kiso Valley - Gujo - Nagoya or the other way around.

Gero and Furukawa can be visited in side trips from Takayama. Inuyama as a side trip from Nagoya.

Gujo could also be visited as a side trip from either Nagoya or Takayama.

(3) Is it advisable to buy JR pass for above itinerary?

Unlikely.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread