Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Day trip from Kyoto 2010/3/2 19:28
Hi,
i am planning a day trip from Kyoto to Koyasan. On the way back to Kyoto i would like to drop by in Yoshino. I already have a JR Pass, what other ticket do i need to cover my whole itirenary. Is it too much for one day to visit two places as the journey take nearly 3 hours each. Your advice is very appreciated.
Thank
by H T (guest)  

You Should Choose 2010/3/3 12:39
It's really not possible to visit Yoshino and Koyasan in one day. Both locations are day trips, and trying to fit them both in one trip will most likely leave you with a day spent on the train unable to appreciate either site.
by Rabbityama (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/3/4 02:20
Kyoto to Koyasan takes 3 hours.
Koyasan to Yoshinoyama takes another 3 hours.
Yoshinoyama to Kyoto takes 2 hours by Kintetsu Railway or probably around 3 hours if you try to use JR as much as possible.

Both Koyasan and Yoshinoyama are spacious areas that require half a day to be viewed at a medium pace.

The two places would make a nice combination for a 2-day side trip from Kyoto. The Japan Rail Pass would be only of limited use, as Nankai Railways provides the best access to Koyasan and Kintetsu Railways the best access to Yoshino.

The map on the following page shows the situation:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4151.html?aFROM=2158_4150
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread