Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Int'l Flight Narita-Train from Kyoto 2010/3/4 15:57
Hi,
I wanted to see whether people thought it was manageable to get from Kyoto to Narita in time for my Delta flight out of Narita at 3:15PM on a Sunday. Per Hyperdia, the two trains I need to use should only take 3 hrs and 40 minutes so if I take the 8AM train I think I should be fine. If I am staying at an Onsen or Ryokan in or around the city, is this doable? Will I have an issue getting to the Kyoto train station in time for an 8AM departure? Do I have to be concerned about the reliability of the train schedules on a Sunday?

Lastly, if you could recommend any Onsen or Ryokans for Kyoto that would be an amazing bonus.

Thanks so much for any and all of your help!!!
by Jake (guest)  

. 2010/3/4 17:47
Japan has the most reliable trains in the world, it is rare for anything to go wrong.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

Kyoto to Narita 2010/3/4 23:55
Agreed. Japanese trains are reliable, especially the shinkansen... though since you're traveling on the bullet train and to the airport on a Sunday it wouldn't hurt to make sure that the journey is booked in advance.

The 7:45 AM Hikari departure from Kyoto (Hikari 508) will allow you to connect to a Narita Express which gets to Narita Airport just before 12 noon. I would change to the Narita Express at Shinagawa because the transfer there is easier than it is at Tokyo station. You'll have 17 minutes to make the connection.
by JRHorse rate this post as useful

reply to this thread