Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2 nights at lake toya 2010/3/9 00:31
my wife and i are staying 2 nights in noboribetsu and moving on to Toyako.. We are not sure to stay 1 or 2 nights at lake toya.. what are there to do in Lake toya? We are going mid april..we are looking forward to relaxed trip to slowly enjoy hokkaido nature.
by andy (guest)  

... 2010/3/9 08:06
The number of days is more relevant than the number of nights. Two nights could translate in anything between one and three days.

There is not too much to do around Lake Toya itself. One full day (i.e. one or two nights) would be enough, in my opinion. Two nights would give you a base and make it more relaxed.
by Uji rate this post as useful

oOo 2010/3/9 17:35
We spent two nights at Lake Toya, and would agree that there is not much to do there.

In the morning we rented bicycles, and cycled all the way around Lake Toya. Around Lake Toya, there is a series of sculptures, which gives you a reason to stop frequently (to appreciate the sculptures). We got back mid-afternoon, and then my Other Half decided to rent a paddle boat, and went on the water for half an hour. We then went back to our hotel for a relaxing onsen, had dinner, and came out again to see the fireworks.

There are also cruise ships which tour Lake Toya.

There are a couple of volcano sites to visit, and a ropeway that goes up the mountain.

Probably staying one night is enough, and if you want to go cycling, as we did, then perhaps stay an extra night. There is not enough to do there to fill two whole days.
by Green Tea Latte rate this post as useful

thank you so much 2010/3/10 00:32
thanks to you both.. this is very helpful. We decide to stay 1 night. Can u review our itinery and see if its ok?
day 1 - reach sapporo then direct to noboribetsu onsen
day 2 - noboribetsu
day 3 - noboribetsu to Lake toya
day 4 - Lake toya to sapporo
day 5 & 6 in sapporo
day 7 - sapporo to otaru
day 8 - otaru to airport
we are using hotel transport or train or bus. thanks again!
by andy (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/3/10 07:55
The itinerary looks very good to me.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread