Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

21 Day Itinerary - budget 2010/3/10 01:59
Hi, I'm planning a trip for the tail-end of summer this year and would like some advice on the current plans. Are there gaping holes? Is it feasible?
For information I will be 18 and making the trip alone.
1) Flying
2) Arrive NRT am train to sendai + spend evening in town
3) Basing out of sendai: Daytrip to Hiraizumi
4) morning/early afternoon in Matsushima - travel to Nikko
5) Day in Nikko
6) Day in Okunikko
7) On to nagoya, stuff in city.
8) Daytrip to Ise (shrines)
9) Nagoya castle and on to Osaka
10) Basing out of Osaka: Kobe/Osaka
11) Basing out of Osaka: Kyoto
12) Basing out of Osaka: Nara, train on to hiroshima
13) Miyajima
14) Iwakuni
15) Unfinished things in Hiroshima then on to Tokyo
16-21) Yokohama, Kamakura ,Takaosan ,Odaiba ,Ghibli museum, other things while exploring, Akihabara
22) Fly out

Open to any and all suggestions of things which could be slotted in/substituted for an 18 year old looking for a trip of a lifetime.

Second is a question of money. Is around 160,000 Yen a reasonable estimate for budget EXCLUDING any non-essential purchases and flights. (Budget accom and food :P)

Thanks in advance!
Adam
by Vanagib  

... 2010/3/10 09:13
The itinerary looks good to me. I would not substitute or add anything. The budget seems okay if it includes just accommodation, food and sightseeing, but it gets narrow if it also includes domestic transportation
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you 2010/3/11 06:06
Thanks very much for looking this over. I guess I'll have to try and come up with a bit more money in the time I've got left as I was hoping to include the rail pass with this money.

Thanks again,
Adam
by Vanagib (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/3/11 07:29
If you always stay at cheap places and eat cheaply, it could be enough. It all depends on how inexpensively you manage to stay and eat. Some basics:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2410.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread