Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takayama/Shirakawago/Uji: itinerary 2010/3/10 19:34
Hi, (I tried posting my question in another person's question but it seems to have been deleted... so I'm going to ask it here again)

I'm planning to go to Takayama from Kyoto on the morning of Apr15 (should arrive about noon).. then I have to leave for Shirakawago on Nohi bus at 13:50-14:40 or 15:50-16:40 to stay the night in a minshuku & hopefully get to visit the onsen before dinner as well :)

Q1: Would I get to catch a glimpse of the matsuri at all on Apr15 with my itinerary? If so, which part of town would I need to get to?
Q2: In order to fit in the onsen as well, which bus would I need to take?

The next day Apr16, I plan to walk around Shirakwago & get back to Takayama on Nohi bus 14:00-14:50 or 15:00-15:50 or 16:00-17:00 to walk around the old town, visit the jinya, etc. Then spend the night there at hostel in Takayama.

Q3: Which bus seems more appropriate to you?

Also, I was planning to fit in Uji on the next day.. Do you think I should hurry & get to Uji that night (take 16:43-20:35 JR trains) or just leave from Takayama the next morning Apr17 for a day trip? I have to get back to Osaka for Apr17 night since I'm leaving from KIX the Apr18 morning.

How does this sound? Is this doable? Thanks so much!
by ppppprin  

... 2010/3/12 08:41
Would I get to catch a glimpse of the matsuri at all on Apr15 with my itinerary?

Yes, you should be able to see some daytime events such as the puppet performances and the general atmosphere.

If so, which part of town would I need to get to?

The one where the festival takes place:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5909.html

In order to fit in the onsen as well, which bus would I need to take?

There is one onsen bath house in Ogimachi itself:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5951.html#onsen

Which bus seems more appropriate to you?

The 14:00 bus. There is not that much to see there.

Do you think I should hurry & get to Uji that night (take 16:43-20:35 JR trains) or just leave from Takayama the next morning

Takayama has quite a few sights. I recommend to spend the night in Takayama and visit Uji along the way to Osaka on the following day.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread