Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Onsen with skin problem, kazokuburo in Tokyo 2010/4/13 16:25
Hi, I have a friend who has a skin problem which cause discolouration of the skin, hence he has several patches all over his body and face. This is not infectious at all.

I have heard that some onsen denies entry for ppl with tatoos... which brings me to wonder if they will also bar my friend...

I do not want my friend to go there and be turned away... advice?

and is there a kazokuburo (private/family onsen) in Tokyo???
by anirtac (guest)  

I hate eczema 2010/4/13 18:48
I have eczema and while I didn't break out at the time, I have huge scars that look like dark discolouration and I got some funny looks. I was allowed in though.
by mini (guest) rate this post as useful

yes he will be allowed in 2010/4/13 20:31
Most onsen will have no problems with letting you guys in. Some more "local" rural area bath house MAY give you a hard time, but if you speak fluent Japanese and was able to explain it, then you will be fine

The issue with Tatoo has nothing to do with this, this is their way of keeping out Yakuza (Mafia), not everything with a tatoo is a member of the Yakusa, but all Yakuza has a tatoo. You can't really say "No Yakuza" allowed, so the easiest way is to say "no tatoo allowed"

by Glee (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread