Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

buying airline tickets in japan 2010/4/30 20:53
hey everybody
i'm original from the u.s., now i live in japan.
when, i lived in the states, i bought airline tickets on the internet.
in japan, i have always used travel agents like HIS.
my question is, when buying round trip tickets for japn--u.s.--japan, do any of you use a internet website? can you get cheaper fares on websites??
any info would be very much appreciated.
peace.
by shokupanman (guest)  

It depends.... 2010/4/30 23:43
I find that Japanese travel agencies aren't always the cheapest when looking for fares originating from the U.S. My family from the states always used their local travel agent in the U.S. to find cheaper fares to Japan. They usually found fares a little bit cheaper than what you could find through online websites like Travelocity or Orbitz.
by goa-girl (guest) rate this post as useful

Oops 2010/4/30 23:47
I just read your post again and realized you wanted to know about flights originating from the Japan. Japanese travel agencies usually offer the best rates for flight going to the U.S. I find the online websites usually can't beat their price. Although, it's worth checking those online websites when traveling around Asia. I found a flight to Thailand cheaper through Travelocity than through HIS or IACE. So, always check because you never know!
by goa-girl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2010/5/1 00:14
Travelko-chan tell us the cheapest price, but Japanese only.

(NRT-LAX)
http://www1.tour.ne.jp/search/air/air_lst.php?dst=11%7C440%7C83&dpt%5B...
by xexstyle rate this post as useful

reply to this thread