Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

jr hokkaido stored value / prepaid card 2010/5/3 21:53
from http://www.jrhokkaido.co.jp/kitaca/02area.html, it seems like (i dont read japanese, just guess) the kitaca card can be used for travel to otaru only?

i am travelling to places beyond otaru (e.g. niki) and also furano/biei/bibaushi, shin-sapporo and chitose. is there a JR prepaid/stored value card that can be use by tourist. also, whether any unused balance amount can be refunded?

by dsim  

... 2010/5/4 10:25
That's right. Westwards along the Hakodate Line, the Kitaca can be used only as far as Otaru. If you travel beyond Otaru, you should use regular tickets and not the prepaid card.

i am travelling to places beyond otaru (e.g. niki) and also furano/biei/bibaushi, shin-sapporo and chitose. is there a JR prepaid/stored value card that can be use by tourist.

Theoretically, there is the Orange Card magnetic prepaid card, but I think it is easier to buy tickets as you go.
by Uji rate this post as useful

furano/biei/bibaushi kitaca 2010/5/4 19:32
thanks, uji. i guess i have to buy single ticket to/from niki. i prefer stored card, becos i noted some stations are un-manned station.

how about, furano/biei/bibaushi? can kitaca be use for sapporo-asahikawa-furano/biei/bibaushi?
by dsim rate this post as useful

... 2010/5/7 08:50
how about, furano/biei/bibaushi? can kitaca be use for sapporo-asahikawa-furano/biei/bibaushi?

No, Kitaca cannot be used in the Asahikawa/Furano region. Only around greater Sapporo.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread