Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Centrair airport to Takayama 2010/6/1 17:35
Hi. I am travelling with a toddler and lots of luggage. We are arriving in Centrair airport after an overnight flight and making our way to Takayama directly. I was wondering if there is a direct bus from the airport to Takayama? So far, it seems like all buses/trains require a transfer in Nagoya, which may be a hassle for us.

If there is no direct transport, we are considering renting a car from the airport and driving to Takayama. May I know if that is advisable? Are the directions/road signs in English, is the traffic generally smooth, and how long would it take approximately?

Many thanks.
by watercress (guest)  

... 2010/6/2 07:00
I was wondering if there is a direct bus from the airport to Takayama?

No, you need to go via Nagoya. Maybe a luggage delivery service (from the airport to your hotel in Takayama) could reduce your luggage burden, but note that delivery is not usually until the next day:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2278.html

If there is no direct transport, we are considering renting a car from the airport and driving to Takayama. May I know if that is advisable?

Yes, I think that could be the most convenient way for you to get around. Finding your way through the expressway network of greater Nagoya will be the largest challenge, but if you use a navigation system, it should be doable.

Are the directions/road signs in English

Yes, all major signs are bilingual.

is the traffic generally smooth

It depends on the day and time of the day.

and how long would it take approximately?

About 2 to 2.5 hours without traffic jam and stops along the way.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you 2010/6/4 16:48
Thank you, Uji.
by watercress (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread