Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shikoku Itinerary 2010/6/11 15:31
I'm no good with estimating how well my travel plans are. Can you tell me if what I've come up with is doable in the time I've set for it?

30 JUNE, WEDS - TOKUSHIMA
Highway bus from Dainichi to Tokushima, arrive at 11:53am

Tokushima - Naruto
Wonder Naruto Whirlpool Tour

Naruto - Ikenotani
Ryozenji, German House

Ikenotani - Tokushima
Awaodori Kaikan Museum
Bizan Ropeway
Tokushima Central Park
Awaodori night performance at 8pm
Stay the night at my friends house in Kamojima

1 JULY, THURS - IYA VALLEY
Arrive Awaikeda at 9:56am
Bonnet Bus Tour from 11:20 to 4:20pm

either join my friend or do other stuff in TOkushima that I couldn't do the day before

2 JULY, FRI - KAGAWA
Arrive Takamatsu at 10:43am
Takamatsu Castle
Shopping Arcade
RitsurinKoen

Takamatsu - Yashima
Shikoku Mura
Yashima Temple

Return to Kamojima in Tokushima and stay with my friend

3 JULY, SAT - TOKUSHIMA
BBQ with my friend

4 JULY, SUN - KOCHI
Arrive Kochi at 12:28pm

Harimayabashi Shopping Arcade
Buy My Yu Bus day pass for 900y
Kochi Castle
Godaisan, Chikurinji Temple, Makino Botanical Gardens
Katsurahama Beach

Return to Kamojima in Tokushima and stay with my friend

5 JULY, MON - MATSUYAMA
Take highway bus and arrive Matsuyama-shi at 12:00pm
Matsuyama Castle
Ninomaru Garden
Dogo Onsen

Highway bus to JR Namba, leave Matsuyama St at 5:30pm

How does all this sound? Too ambitious? I can fit in another day, but I would like to be able to get to Kyoto Gion-shijo by 6pm on the 6th July, Tuesday.
by yunababe  

... 2010/6/11 17:48
It is way too packed, especially the Naruto, Takamatsu, Kochi and Matsuyama days. Please look more carefully into the transportation details and you will see that you cannot see that many places in such short time frames.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Hmm... 2010/6/12 04:37
Definitely too much.

For your Takamatsu day, I would try to arrive earlier and go straight to Ritsurin Koen at RisturinKouenKitaguchi Station.

It takes about 2.5 hours to fully see the garden.

After that, if you want to go to Yashima, go there. You will have to choose between Shikoku Mura and going up to Yashima to see the temple, museum, pond, etc.

Takamatsu Castle only takes about 20 minutes to walk around and see, so you SHOULD have enough time when you get back to see it. If not, you can still see part of it from the outside.

Then go to the Shopping arcade last, because it is open the latest.

Your plan for this day is really not so bad. Arriving earlier will let you see a lot, but you definitely won't be able to do both Yashima and Shikoku Mura. Alternatively you could cut out Ritsurin Kouen if you wanted to try doing Yashima and Shikoku Mura, but I wouldn't recommend doing that. The garden is one of the best and biggest in the country.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Thanks Rabbityama 2010/6/12 09:34
Your information was very helpful :)

If you (or anyone else) knows any of the other places I've got on my trip, what things would you highly suggest and which things I could probably skip out on.
by yunababe rate this post as useful

reply to this thread