Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

itinerary help 2010/6/14 01:53
I'm currently in the planning stages of a 3 week trip though Japan and S Korea for November. I'm flying into Tokyo and out of seoul.

My itinerary so far is

Day 1 Tokyo
Day 2 Tokyo
Day 3 Nikko
Day 4 Tokyo (travelling to Kawaguchiko late afternoon)
Day 5 AM Kawaguchiko PM?
Day 6 Yamanouchi(Snow monkeys maybe Shibu Onsen)
Day 7 Takayama
Day 8 Shirakawago (overnight in farmhouse)
Day 9 Kyoto
Day 10 Kyoto
Day 11 Nara (overnighting in Kyoto)
Day 12 Mt Koya (overnight in Temple)
Day 13 Hiroshima
Day 14 Miyajima (AM) / Fukuoka (sumo in PM)
Day 15 Ferry to South Korea

My main concerns are around the day 5 to 9 section and how I should schedule my itinerary. Ideally i'd probably like to take a hit travelwise on day 5 just to get me to the correct area rather then heading back to Tokyo.

Also is there any other places i could fit in enroute in that section? I've looked at Matsumoto and Kanazawa as options. Should I drop Shirakawago? Can you please advise a good itinerary for this section and the best way (quickest) to travel between places?

on the whole, does my itinerary look ok? Generally im a fairly quick traveller.

Thanks in advance.
by Deadgoon (guest)  

... 2010/6/14 11:50
It is a fast paced itinerary. Especially time in the days around Takayama and Hiroshima will be very limited. Such a fast paced itinerary would be recommended only to a person who likes to travel at a fast pace. It would be too fast for other people.

The route in general is good. Travel from Kawaguchiko to Yamanouchi and then on to Takayama is a little bit complicated and time consuming, but managable.

Also is there any other places i could fit in enroute in that section?

No, there is no time.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread