Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokunai pass & travel budget 2010/6/17 15:33
Hi!
I was wondering if Tokunai pass would be good for exploring Tokyo (the main areas) since I'll be staying at Ueno?
Plus, do you think 1300 EUR should be enough for two persons on a 7-day trip (excluding accommodation)?

Thanks!
by Mucca (guest)  

... 2010/6/18 10:21
I was wondering if Tokunai pass would be good for exploring Tokyo (the main areas) since I'll be staying at Ueno?

The Tokunai Pass is only valid on JR trains. If all the places of your visit are accessible by JR and you are traveling intensively around the city, then the pass might pay off. But often it comes cheaper to just pay the regular fare or use a Suica prepaid card, the latter of which is also valid on non-JR trains and subways. I recommend Suica if you stay in Tokyo for multiple days.

Plus, do you think 1300 EUR should be enough for two persons on a 7-day trip (excluding accommodation)?

It depends on your itinerary. Transport costs will vary greatly depending on itinerary. If you spend your entire stay in Tokyo, you will be able to splurge on food, shopping and sightseeing every day. But if you travel long distances every day, you might not be left with a lot of money.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread