Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Itinerary 2010/6/19 16:03
So, I just got back from a Japan travel study with my school and now I'm returning to japan to do some work at a summer camp as well as do a few homestays. However I also get to stay on my own in Ikebukuro for about a week and I'm trying to come up with a good itinerary of things to check out during my week of free time. So far I know i want to return to Harujuku for maybe a day, make a trip to Akihabara to purchase something and maybe look around, and then maybe go to Sunshine City. Besides those though I don't really know what else I want to do specifically.

What I do know is that I would like to check out more of the nightlife around the Shibuya & Shinjuku area; I got a taste of it during travel study, I went to a club in Shibuya with some friends and it was a really fun night. Mainly I'm looking for a place to meet people, hang out, make friends, and have a good time while I got time on my own.

One thing I should note is that I'm looking for more japanese bars/clubs as opposed to "gaijin" ones. In fact, I kind of want to avoid foreigners all together if i can help it lol xD. Not that I would mind, its just a preference.

Anyway, so I'm looking for things to fill in my itinerary so I'm not just wasting time in my hotel. Also preferably bars/clubs on cheap end of the spectrum. Overall though I'm pretty open.

by Chr0nos  

Tokyo Itinerary Ideas 2010/6/20 21:01
Hey,

There's a lot to do in Tokyo, so here are just a few ideas:

1 Day Akiharaba + Okachimachi market + Ueno park/zoo

1/2 Day Odaiba (try the huge Ferris wheel)

1 Day Harajuku + Omotesando

1/2 Day Imperial Palace Gardens

Sunshine city is really unnecessary, by the way.

As for youth nightlife, just head to Shibuya, find a random pub (they are all on the cheap side) and meet some people. Hub's is a good place to do that with a mixed international and local crowd.
by AllYouCanJapan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread