Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Route_planner_help 2010/6/21 16:43
Hi everyone!
As much as I try I cannot work out the cheapest way to get from Narita to Shin-Okachimachi station.
Please let me know if I can do that by taking the Keisei Lmtd. Express Train (1000 JPY) to Ueno (or does it stop at Keisei Ueno?) and then - what next??
Also, where do I buy the ticket for Keisei Lmtd. Express at Narita? And how do I get to the right platform (not the one for Keisei Skyliner)?
And another question - as I plan to use the Yamanote line often, is a Tokunai pass a good option? Does it cover the trip to Odaiba by Yurikamome line? What about to the Ghibli museum?
Thnx!
by Meema (guest)  

Try Jorudan route planner 2010/6/21 17:25
This website will find the routes and prices between any two stations in Japan

http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/

I just tried your route and it says 1060. The route won't be as complicated as it might look - I think it's only three trains, as one of them runs over three separate lines.

For tickets the best option is just to buy a passmo card from the passmo ticket machine at the airport station, and charge it up with at least 1060 yen. This can then be used on almost all trains in the Tokyo area - so there'll be no need for you to bother with tickets for the rest of your stay. You can also get a refund of the cost of the card itself (though not any credit on it) when you leave, by taking it to a ticket office and asking for a refund.

Then just enter the Keisei station - the Limited Express and Skyliners go from opposite sides of the same platform.

I wouldn't generally recommend the Tokunai pass - as it's only valid on JR - though it might be good value on some days if you are using JR a lot - but it's unlikely to pay off if you are just travelling around central Tokyo.

It won't cover Yurikamome, as that is not a JR line, nor the Ghibli museum, as that is outside of the zone covered by the Tokunai pass.

Hope that helps!
by Komaba rate this post as useful

... 2010/6/21 18:30
by V (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread