Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

More Gujo Hachiman bus questions 2010/6/25 23:52
From Naogya or Gifu, I know some buses drop off in the center of town, and many more drop/pick up at the highway interchange. If we take one that drops off at the highway interchange, how far is it to town center (we are staying at a Ryokan near town center)? Are there taxis usually waiting there? Or a local bus that meets the highway bus? When we leave, is it easy to find a taxi to take us to the highway bus stop? And how do we say that? (it would be helpful if you can write it, since we don't speak/pronounce well).
by rootles  

... 2010/7/1 17:29
If we take one that drops off at the highway interchange, how far is it to town center

It is about a 2 kilometer walk into the town center. The Gujo website states that there are usually some taxis waiting, but that is not guaranteed. I believe that the local buses do not serve the expressway bus stop, but go only as far as the Eigyosho bus stop, as explained on the following page:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5931.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2010/7/2 02:49
I also contacted the tourist information to ask about this, but haven't yet heard back. We will probably be able to take the 9:00 bus from Nagoya to the center of town, but 6:40 departure from Gujo might be too early. Can you tell me how to request a taxi? Will the Ryokan staff call one for us?
by rootles rate this post as useful

... 2010/7/2 08:28
Can you tell me how to request a taxi? Will the Ryokan staff call one for us?

The ryokan staff can call one for you.

If there is no taxi stand nearby, you can call taxis by giving them a phone call. Many companies may not have English speakers, though.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread