Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

tsumago magome or inverse 2010/6/27 17:35
hello,
I want walk between magome and tsumago

I read on lonely planet that the best is magome 600 m and tsumago 420 m

I read on another forum that the trail between magone and tsumago is an ascending trail

Where is the true
I want an descending trail

which trail is descending
magome tsumago or tsumago magome

thanks for your answers
by cuignet123 (guest)  

travel from Magome to Tsumago 2010/6/28 11:38
I did the hike in April from Magome to Tsumago - I had read that this was the easier way. I must say that it is still hilly and there are many ups and downs - it is not one long descent. But it definitely seemed the easier way particularly on a steep part toward Tsumago when I couldn't imagine myself having to go up that portion rather than down. I also thought it was more difficult that I expected. I am in pretty good shape but do most of my walking in city streets. Many parts of the hike are on paving stones similar to the photo on this website. But I felt it extremely worth it and am so glad I did it.....
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

... 2010/6/28 14:37
I've walked it both ways. Magome to Tsumago is easier. It's uphill for the first couple of km, sometimes quite steep, but then mostly downhill the rest of the way. Tsumago to Magome is mostly uphill. If you want to avoid the initial uphill section, you could look at taking a bus or taxi to the top of Magome Pass.
by Walkingfool (guest) rate this post as useful

altitudes 2010/7/1 18:01
Tsumago: around 400 meters
Magome: around 600 meters
Magome Pass: around 800 meters

So, walking from Magome to Tsumago will involve half as much uphill walking than the other way around.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread