Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suica - not enough credit? 2010/6/30 18:45
Hey,

I'm planning on getting the Suica pass when I'm in Tokyo this summer, but as I was browsing all the information, one question still came to mind:

If you buy a regular ticket and it's not the right one, you can adjust the fare and just pay the difference. But what if you check in using the Suica pass, and then at the check out you've got insufficient credit? Can you just head over to the manned gate and they will check where you came from and you can just pay them?

Especially since we'll be heading out of Tokyo as well (still Greater Tokyo Area) and those trips'll be a bit more expensive than the average trip across the city, it could happen that the fare's a little higher than expected.

Thanks!

- Freya
by Freya (guest)  

. 2010/7/1 09:16
You use the FARE ADJUSTMENT machines, just like if you had a regular paper ticket without enough money on it.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/7/1 09:17
You can also use the manned gates as well, but those guys always seem busy, faster to use the machines.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

Fare adjustment machines 2010/7/1 09:22
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2010/7/2 19:57
Thanks for the answers, and the video's! Seeing how it goes before I'm actually standing in front of the machine makes me feel a whole lot more confident about it XD
by Freya (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread