Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Business Trip Questions 2010/7/3 07:18
So I'll be in Japan bouncing around looking for some Used products. I was there last april and brought some stuff back (car parts) with me in my Carry on that ended up being very profitable and actually paid for my trip. I'm looking to go back and do this again. I have some questions.

1. When renting a car in Japan, what payment methods do they accept? Is it a kilometer/mile charge, or just simply the number of days the vehicle is rented for?

2. Is there any direction or places of information regarding bringing used goods back both
--2a. Taxes and fees regarding exporting back to my home country (canada)
--2b. Options and leads on how to buy or rent a small container, even just a few crates.
--3b. The forms and processes to leave the country with my acquired items.

I've been looking for a while now, but often get lost in the un-specifics and dramatics of most pages. With my inability to focus is there anyone out there that can lay these out in lay-mans terms for me?

DiscoQuinn
by DiscoQuinn (guest)  

... 2010/7/4 10:43
When renting a car in Japan, what payment methods do they accept?

Most companies accept cash and credit cards.

Is it a kilometer/mile charge, or just simply the number of days the vehicle is rented for?

I have never seen anything else but an "unlimited kilometer" policy. In other words, you py by the hour and/or day. Most companies have the rates based on hourly and 24-hourly periods, but there are some unusual plans which base the rates on calendar days (midnight to midnight) rather than 24 hour periods.

Is there any direction or places of information regarding bringing used goods back both
--2a. Taxes and fees regarding exporting back to my home country (canada)

Here you go:
http://canada.gc.ca/home.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Business trip 2010/7/4 17:57
Hi Quinn ,

What sort of used products you bring back and sell ? I'm also planning to buy and sell car accessories from Japan. Is it Cheap in Japan ? what do you suggest ?

Many thanks.
by chiks rate this post as useful

reply to this thread