Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Planning Alpine route trip 2010/7/4 23:24
Hi,
I am planning to go to Alpine route with my 6yr old son and husband.
Can anyone help and answer my queries.
1. Is is ok to take kids for this trip? Will it be tiring for them?
2. How much do we have to walk during this trip?
3. What kind of shoes are appropriate?
4. Can I use Seishun juhachi kippu?
5. Do we need to carry food for lunch etc? Is there any place in between to have lunch?
6. Is it a full day trip? What is total round trip duration?
7. I am planning to go during July 24 to 31st Aug 2010, What clothing will be suitable?
by Vrish (guest)  

... 2010/7/5 11:57
Is is ok to take kids for this trip?

Yes

Will it be tiring for them?

No. The trip involves almost no walking. I recommend, though, to avoid busy days, such as weekends and holidays, because when it is crowded, the trip can involve some waiting times that require patience a small kid might not have.

How much do we have to walk during this trip?

The distances between the stops of the various means of transportation is very small. The largest distance is when changing around the Kurobe Dam, which involves a few hundred meters of walking.

What kind of shoes are appropriate?

You could theoretically do the trip without much troubles in high heels. Only if you intend to do some hiking around Murodo (or somewhere else) are sturdy walking shoes recommended.

Can I use Seishun juhachi kippu?

Certainly not!

Do we need to carry food for lunch etc? Is there any place in between to have lunch?

There are many food shops and restaurants along the way.

Is it a full day trip?

Yes, I recommend to allocate an entire day. It also depends on where you start and end your trip. And it depends on how crowded it is.

What is total round trip duration?

A round trip is not recommended. I recommend to travel it just one way. On a day without waiting times, the one way trip can be done in half a day, but if you want to take it a little bit more slowly, an entire day is recommended. On busy days, there might be waiting times at bottlenecks.

I am planning to go during July 24 to 31st Aug 2010, What clothing will be suitable?

Around Murudo it can be coolish on days with not so good weather, when some people might want to have a light jacket. But on sunny days, it can be hot even around Murodo.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread