Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takachiho Accomodations 2010/7/10 03:37
I'm intending to visit Takachiho and do the following:

Arrive in time for dinner,
watch the iwato kagura dance (I've read that there are all-night performances in mid-Nov, when I'll be going, anyone knows more about that? is it the same as the regular paid performances?),
stay the night,
visit takachiho gorge and do some rowing (hopefully mid-nov won't be too cold!),
visit the shrines,
depart for Oita.

Please review and let me know if I'm attempting anything unrealistic.

But my MAIN QUESTION - any recommendations for accomodations for 3 people, under 10000 yen per person including breakfast and dinner, on a Saturday?

Do let me know if my budget's waaay too low or if they don't do extra beds to fit in 3 etc etc..

ps: I've read of the youth hostel.. cheap living, will have to get my own dinner, but i'm concerned that it looks far away from the bus station on the map, and also worried that they'll have a curfew - which would be a problem since the dance only starts at 8pm!
by hammie (guest)  

try this 2010/7/15 22:48
http://www.japanhotel.net/data/room_rates_and_information.asp?HotelID=...

We stayed here in April this year - it was cheap & OK. The manager was very friendly & helpful. Please be aware that there not many places to eat dinner in Takachiho (well in the main street between where the Ryokan is located and the shrine for the dance).
It takes about 7 minutes to walk to the shrine.
The dance was interesting - not sure about the November all-night dances.
by Lyndie (guest) rate this post as useful

Takahiho 2010/7/16 16:51
Hi,
I was in Takachiho in 2007. Also stayed in Ryokan Senju. The owner - Mr. Jun was very friendly and helpfull. He takes us by his car around Takachiho. The rooms are very simple, but they were clean.
Martin
by tunta rate this post as useful

reply to this thread