Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I make visa runs from Japan? 2010/7/21 12:25
I'm 24, from EU, currently on a tourist visa in Japan. I got my ARC, I work as a freelance web designer from home, I get paid by oversee companies and I would like to stay in Japan longer.

Is it possible to do visa runs from Japan? I mean, at the end of my 90-days stay go abroad for a couple of days, return and get another 90-days tourist visa?
by internetbreakfast (guest)  

back to back 2010/7/21 18:30
The first time you do this it is likely, although not guaranteed, that you will be allowed in again. If you try to enter Japan a third time within a one-year period after having stayed 90 days on both previous entries, chances are very high that you will be turned away at Immigration and not allowed in for another 6 months.

There is an unwritten limit of 180 days in any one year. Sometimes there are exceptions to this, but they seem to be getting less and less common.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread