Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Multiple 90 day landing permits 2010/8/7 12:26
Hi, I've been in Japan for about a month and a half for sightseeing, planning on staying until about a week before my temporary visitor status expires. I have made a similar trip to Japan about a year and a half ago (again, for sightseeing), although I stayed until the day before the expiration date.

My question is, since I've stayed within my 90 day status twice, would I have difficulty entering Japan in about a year or two's time for another 90 day (or shorter) stay, or would immigration become suspicious of me? I am not trying to re-enter the country as soon as I leave. I would love to take another trip like this in the future, but I would rather play it safe and make sure this is okay. Thanks in advance.
by hei (guest)  

90 Days within 180 Days 2010/8/7 17:48
In almost all countries the rule is, 90 Days stay within a 180 Day periode. Counting from the last day of entry. If you want to play it safe, wait six moth before returning for another long time 'visit'.
by Christian (guest) rate this post as useful

.. 2010/8/8 01:29
The rule is:

You can stay up to 180 days per year.

Meaning, being granted two 90-day permits each year.

Since you only travel once a year or every 2 years, that's not a problem. they wouldn't be suspicious about that at all. Why would it be suspicious. Some people like vacationing to Japan every year, so it's not like you're abusing the system or anything.

And also, if you did the back to back re-entry, the first time they allow the entry.

Safest way to stay 180 days each year is stay 90 days, wait 6 months, and then another 90 days. (if you wanted to visit Japan twice a year instead.)
by Reina Jess rate this post as useful

reply to this thread