Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1 day / Nara - Osaka and Kobe ? 2010/8/9 17:19
Sleeping in Kyoto... my original plan was to go to Nara for 1 day and then come back.

The more I look at things, it seems like there's more to do in Osaka so I wanted to know if I leave early to go to Nara and say around 12:00 go to Osaka for the afternoon... would that be a good way to visit 2 cities in 1 day? (my follow up day is in Osaka as well)
also would leaving Osaka to go to Kobe for a Beef Kobe dinner say around 19:00 be too much for one day?

If not how long is the train ride from Osaka to Kobe?

Thanks
by Daniel Atc  

ok 2010/8/9 20:38
Your new plan sounds ok if you are not interested in historical stuff so much. Nara is well connected both from Kyoto and Osaka.
by V (guest) rate this post as useful

.. 2010/8/10 08:10
how long is the train ride from Osaka to Kobe
Use Hyperdia : easiest way is direct from JR Osaka to Kobe approx 25 mins: so OK for dinner.
Personally, I loathe moving accommodation every few days: it wastes so much time. But we use a JR pass so travel is easy.
If you ARE moving from Kyoto to Osaka I would do that, dump your luggage, spend the day in Osaka, and on to Kobe for dinner.
Then go to Nara and back the next day: Kyoto-Nara-Osaka-Kobe-Osaka is a lot of time on trains: and factor in the change of accommodation time.
by fmj rate this post as useful

reply to this thread