Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Quality of Delta vs. American for flights to Japan 2010/8/19 03:05
I am going to Japan soon and will be flying from the midwest to Narita. There are similar airfares on Delta and American and was wondering if one gives better service to Japan verses the other? I am taking my elderly mother to her last trip back to Japan to see her family and want her to be as comfortable as possible. Wish I could afford business class for us :)
by Tess C (guest)  

Both bloody awful! 2010/8/19 12:02
Having flown with most airlines, the US ones (including the two you mentioned) consistently stand out as being the worst in almost every respect! If you are travelling with your elderly mum, I would seriously recommend you look at some of the Asian airlines (Cathay, Singapore, Korean, Thai are all great in terms of service and, importantly for an elderly person, comfort). Avoid JAL, old planes with cramped space and usually expensive.
by niceguy266 rate this post as useful

. 2010/8/19 12:07
I'm a Delta Airlines frequent flyer, actually I am a Northwest Airlines person, but Delta and Northwest merged together....

Any case if you are flying coach/economy there isn't really any difference at all. As the other person mentioned US airlines are really at the bottom when it comes to international service. Pretty much what you will get is a seat, dinner, breakfast, in flight snacks and drinks. Not great service, but you get enough to survive the flight. Since US airlines are often cheaper then their Asian counterparts (which offer fantastic service), I just suck it in and usually sleep most of the flight. I usually don't require much.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread