Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Regular bus - Kawaguchiko to Koyodai 2010/9/12 15:38
Can someone help me find a schedule/time table for the regular buses from Kawaguchiko station to the bus stop closest to Koyodai? I'll be going in November.

Thanks.
by AL (guest)  

... 2010/9/12 19:16
Here you go:
http://bus.fujikyu.co.jp/line/jikokuhyo/02.html

河口湖駅 means Kawaguchiko Station
風穴 means Fuketsu and is the closest stop to the trailhead to Koyodai

○ means that the bus operates on weekends.
▲ means the opposite. On weekdays only.
◎ means weekends from early April through August and everyday from September through November
□ means everyday from April through November and on weekends from December through early April
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2010/9/13 01:22
Thanks a lot! They should add that as a link on the Kawaguchiko page.
by AL (guest) rate this post as useful

Fuketsu or Koyodai Entrance 2010/9/13 01:33
Hey Uji, thanks again but I was looking at the schedule and since this is the regular bus shouldn't I get off at 紅葉台入口 (which I think says Koyodai Entrance) as opposed to Fuketsu?
by AL (guest) rate this post as useful

hike up to Sankodai lookout 2010/9/13 05:02
I can't answer the bus situation--I arrived at the trail via bike.

But I can say that if you continue up the trail past koyodai for another 15 minutes (it's uphill, and you may be sharing the trail with horseback riders coming up and down) to Sankodai lookout. Koyodai had a lot of trees that could block the way and it's not the clearest picture of Fuji. At Sankodai you're higher up and there's more of a clearing towards Fuji. On a good day, the view is totally awesome.

At Sankodai there's also a small restaurant/snack stand. They'll charge you about 200 yen to go up to their roof which really has a 360 platform view of the entire area. You can see Fuji in front and then turn around for Saiko behind you. You also get a clipboard with a diagram that tells you which mountains are which, etc.

Here's a what you might expect at Sankodai on a clear day:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mchao/3504604720/in/set-72157617643093863...
by mike (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/9/13 08:09
紅葉台入口 is the station to get off. I wasn't aware that there was a closer one.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread