Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

9-day itinerary in Kinki 2010/9/13 19:51
Dear all,

I've booked air-tickets to Kansai, Osaka, reaching on 30th October, 4pm and leaving on 7th November, 4pm. As my travel partner and I have absolutely no experience with travel in Japan, we would be grateful if you folks could advise us. Bearing in mind that both of us are ladies in our late twenties and purpose of this trip is to sightsee, learn more about the Japanese culture, taste the yummilicious Japanese goodies and some shopping.

Tentatively, we planned to spend (in order of sequence) 4 days in Kyoto, 1 day in Nara, 1 day in Kobe and 3 days in Osaka. Do you think we could squeeze a day trip to Nagoya in the 4 days we put aside for Kyoto?

Appreciate the invaluable feedbacks! :)
by jemjo  

... 2010/9/13 22:30
I recommend the following page as the starting point for your research:
http://www.japan-guide.com/list/e1105.html

Do you think we could squeeze a day trip to Nagoya in the 4 days we put aside for Kyoto?

Yes, if there is something you want to see in Nagoya, it might be worthwhile. About Nagoya:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2155.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

and 2010/9/13 22:32
You can even make 1day trip to Hiroshima/Miyajima from Osaka/Kyoto. :)
by V (guest) rate this post as useful

Hmm... 2010/9/14 04:42
It wouldn't really be squeezing in a day; you would just have to give up one Kyoto day to go to Nagoya. Personally, I would probably drop Kobe or one of the Osaka days to go to Nagoya, but that depends entirely on your own interests.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

add Miyajima 2010/9/14 15:16
If I were you, I would forget about Nagoya and maybe Kobe and add Miyajima to the agenda.
It is do-able in one day from Osaka, or you may elect to spend one night there.
Enjoy your trip
by iwander rate this post as useful

thanks for all the inputs! 2010/9/27 20:35
Dear Uji, thanks for your input! have decided to remove Nagoya from our itinerary as there's nothing we want to see there :)

Dear V, thanks for your input! there isn't much info on Hiroshima/Miyajima. Would appreciate some recommendations :)

Dear Rabbityama, thanks for your input! the main reason for us to make the trip to Kobe is actually to eat Kobe beef :p

Dear iwander, thanks for your input! Would appreciate some recommendations on Miyajima :)
by jemjo rate this post as useful

our itinerary 2010/9/27 20:54
anyhow, my travel mate and i have came up with our itinerary. appreciate if you guys could look thru and give us some advise or recommendations! :)

4 days in Kyoto:
1) Kiyomizu Temple
2) Kinkakuji - Golden Pavilion
3) Kyoto Station
4) Kyoto Tower
5) Nijo Castle
6) Manga Museum
7) Nishijin Textile Centre - Kimono Show
8) Gion
9) Tofokuji Temple
10) Fushimi Inari Shrine
11) Arashimaya - to see the bamboo grove
12) Togetsuyo Bridge
13) Toei Uzumasa Eigamura (aka Kyoto Studio Park)
14) Nara - 1/2 day tour to Nara Park
15) Kobe - 1/2 day to savour Kobe Beef and visit Sake Breweries and Arima Onsen

5 days in Osaka:
1) Osaka Aquarium
2) Osaka Castle
3) Universal Studios
4) Umeda Sky Building Floating Garden Observatory
5) The Momofuku Ando Instant Ramen Museum
6) Tsutenkaku
7) Spaworld Onsen from around the world
8) Naniwa Tanken Cruise (Osaka River Cruise)
9) Osaka Duck Tour
10) 1 full day Shopping at Rinki and Shinsaibashi

Is our itinerary too ambitious?? Or too little??

... 2010/9/27 20:58
Too ambitious for the average person. But it depends on the person. It is a good wish list. Try to see as much as possible and enjoyable. If you can't see everything it is not the end of the world.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Kyoto 2010/9/27 21:01
As someone who has spent 5 days in Kyoto and plans on spending more there, I would recommend doing sites in clusters that are near one another as well, to maximise your plans. But on the whole, your plans look doable :)

Gion & Kiyomizudera are within walking distance of each other, but Kinkakuji is better for a day in the north and for a trip to Arishiyama. Put aside at least a couple of hours for Fushimi Inari shrine, as it's worth roaming the hillside there.

Also, re. the Umeda Sky Building. Go up just before sunset because the colours are incredible as the sun goes down :) I stayed near there when I was in Osaka last year and the view was spectacular.
by celizst (guest) rate this post as useful

some changes 2010/10/7 21:39
hi all, thanks for your invaluable inputs. have revised our itinerary after some careful considersations:

Day 1:
Roam around Kyoto Tower & Station since it would be late afternoon by the time we reach Kyoto from Kansai Airport.

Day 2:
- Nara Park
- Fushimi Inari Shrine
- Tofokuji Temple
- Kiyomizu Temple
- Gion

Day 3:
- Kinkakuji(Golden Pavilion)
- Nishijin Textile Centre
- Nijo Castle
- Manga Museum
- Nishiki Market

Day 4:
Move to ryokan at Arashimaya
-Togetsuyo Bridge

Day 5:
Move to Osaka

Btw, does the Kyoto sightseeing two-day pass card still available? Also, how do I get to Osaka from Arashimaya?

reply to this thread