Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Inexpensive travel from Osaka to Utsunomiya 2010/9/15 10:15
Hello everyone,

I'll be going to Utsunomiya in October for a few days, then again in November for a month from Osaka area. I was thinking of taking the night bus from here to Utsunomyia, but I hear that it's really uncomfortable and quite expensive (more than 11,000, supposedly. Not sure if that's actually true).

I know that traveling that distance is already an expensive venture, but is there anyway I can get myself to Utsunomiya for less than 7000? If not, what's the best way?
by old traveller (guest)  

Maybe the bus 2010/9/15 13:34
The cheapest I can work out by train is Y9560 which does not have any reserved seating and takes 11:23 and requires about 10 changes of train. A bus would almost certainly be cheaper but I'm no whizz kid when it comes to the buses so maybe somebody else can help you out there.
by RodW rate this post as useful

Air or Bus Pass 2010/9/15 13:43
Use the Air Pass.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2364.html
Or use the Bus Pass but the ride may be too long. Have a break in Stop in Kyoto or Osaka, if you can.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2369.html
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/9/15 14:36
Maybe an overnight train from Osaka to Tokyo, then taking local JR trains to Utsunomiya?
- The night bus from Osaka to Tokyo cost anywhere between 3,500 - 11,000, so look for bargains.
- The Tokyo - Utsunomiya stretch cost a bit under 2,000 yen and a bit under 2 hours, all on non-reserved regular commuter trains.
by AK rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/9/15 20:06
Thanks a lot, everyone. I think I'll take AK's advice though. The night bus at 3500 seems like my best bet. Tokyo to Utsunomiya isn't so expensive.

Thanks a lot for the advice!
by old traveler (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread