Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Location of kobe luminarie 2010/9/28 16:58
Hi, I am considering going for the kobe luminarie. Will be leaving hakone abt 3 or 4pm for kobe (if i am going for the event). From hyperdia and other sources, it appears to me that i can take a direct hikari (subject to certain timings) from mishami to shinkobe. However, I have been trying to find the location of the event within kobe itself but was unable to (probably because i can't read japanese). Can anyone help me in pointing out what are the travel methods to get to the kobe luminarie, how much it cost and what's the duration?

Also, we will then be heading back to kyoto for the night. So wondering if the luminarie is worth seeing and whether it is too rushing. If not then we will prob head directly to kyoto from hakone.
by Christie (guest)  

travel methods 2010/9/30 09:37
Hi! Visitor.
Please refer to follow.

Q1:holding period of this year
from 2nd Dec untile 13th Dec, from 18:00 to 21:30(weekday)
Q2:the cost Approx,15,000yen (Only the following transportation)
Q3:the travel methods
Hakone Yumoto 15:38---15:53 Odawara 16:09 ---17:21 Nagoya 17:35---18:41 Shinkoube
Q4:head back(last JR train)
Sannomiya 22:51----23:49 Kyoto
Q5:directly to kyoto from hakone
Hakone Yumoto 15:38---15:53 Odawara 16:09 ---17:21 Nagoya 17:35---18:01 Kyoto

I'll come gladly do anything else if you have questions.
I hope you could help.
by naniwanojoe rate this post as useful

... 2010/10/1 21:09
Hi! Thanks for the answer. How abt getting to the luminarie after reaching shinkobe? Is it very near the shinkobe station? Or do i have to change to other modes of transportation to get there? If i need to change to other transportation, what do I have to take, how long is the duration and roughly how much it cost?
by Christie (guest) rate this post as useful

Map of directions 2010/10/4 09:24
Hi! Christie.

Shin-Kobe Station to Sannomiya Station is also walking distance(1mile),but You can use the municipal-subway.
Shin-kobe(arrival station)------San-no-Miya(next station), The fare is 200yen.

I made a map of directions of luminarie.Please refer to follow.

http://latlonglab.yahoo.co.jp/macro/watch.rb?id=131519bf8984904c4b3cf5...

Please change from San-no-miya Station to Shin-Kobe Station If you choose Shi-kansen bullet train return to Kyoto.

There are the famous Chinatown across the large road in front of the department store Daimaru.There may be interesting to take your dinner.

I hope you could help.
by naniwanojoe rate this post as useful

reply to this thread