Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kinkakuji during non-opening hours 2010/10/21 12:41
The opening hours of Kinkakuji are listed as 9am-5pm.

If I arrive at say 4.30pm, can I stay within the premises past 5pm to take night pictures?

Alternatively, some people have advised arriving at 6am to avoid the crowd. Is this actually sound advice? As in, can you enter before 9 am?

Thanks for the advice!
by nikonboy (guest)  

. 2010/10/21 13:51
No, you are not allowed to stay after - they literally close their gates at 4:30pm.
You cannot stay after 4:30pm and you cannot enter before they re-open their gates in the morning.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

illumination 2010/10/21 15:45
Please check, at autumn leaves season some of Kyoto's temples are open in the evening.
I could not find a direct link, but could be checked with Kyoto's tourist office located in Kyoto Station
by iwander rate this post as useful

. 2010/10/21 15:59
Sorry my post (right after OP's) mentioned 4:30pm but actually closing time is 5:00pm.
I've checked the website which shows the special events for Kinkakuji, Ginkakuji and Shoukokuji, they mention special events for Ginkakuji and Shoukokuji, but there's no information for Kinkakuji, no special opening in the evening mentioned there.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread