Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fukuoka yatai stalls 2010/11/16 16:03
I was wanting to ask where the concentration of yatai stalls were in Fukuoka at night. I am going down to Fukuoka for the first time and spending one night there. Can someone please tell me where the best area is for the yatai stalls and how I could get there? I will be staying right next to the JR Hakata Station. Would I need to take a bus or a taxi? Or is it close enough to walk?
Thanks.
by Yatai (guest)  

google it 2010/11/17 12:34
"Yatai Street" "Yatai Dori" should show up.

3 places come to mind:
Nakasu - the river in front of Hakata Canal City is packed with yatai at night and probably has the largest concentration.
Downtown Tenjin (downtown Fukuoka) - Watanabe and Meiji (or Showa) Street vicinities (near the Fukuoka Post Office)
Outskirts of Tenjin - down Watanabe Street in the direction of Yakuin.
You cant miss them!

Access: On foot or by bus from Hakata station
Maybe 15-20 minutes. The bus that goes via Kokutai-doro leads to Canal City, a huge mall. That'd be the best since you can shop around Canal City and enjoy the yatais. If you get lost just ask "Yatai Dori". Everyone should know.
by jmarkley rate this post as useful

Canal city! 2010/11/19 18:34
I also recommend that you should go yatais along the river in front of Canal city.
You can walk there from Hakata station, but if you are tired to walk, you can take a 100 yen bus!
Please enjoy ramen noodles, Gyoza-dumplings, or Oden!!
Have a wonderful night for you!!
(^.^)/"
by Miko in Fukuoka (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread