Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How is akihabara now? 2010/11/28 23:33
When I last went in 2007 it was still vibrant on weekends with plenty of street performers and maids all over. Then there was the stabbing incident.

I was wondering what akihabara is like on weekends now? Has it been restored to its former state or is it very quiet now?
by Saus (guest)  

. 2010/11/29 11:31
On weekends I find Akihabara to always be busy, the road is open now, but the sidewalk is full of your regular shoppers and tourists. Maids can still be seen.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

Akihabara 2010/11/29 14:26
It is very busy and crowded on the weekends. All that is missing is the "pedestrian paradise" where the roads are closed to traffic. It didn't stay quiet for long after that incident.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

still active 2010/11/30 02:26
Was just there last week. Still bumping but the stabbings did put an end to the parading. Highly recommend the audio tour from White Rabbit Press as a supplement to an Akihabara trip. Lots of maids and saw a couple of manga'd out cars.
by fryhtaning rate this post as useful

Disappointing 2010/11/30 07:19
I was there just a couple of days ago, on Saturday. It was very busy... but the only thing that was different about Akihabara vs. anywhere else in Japan were a few girls passing out flyers dressed as maids.

And the electronics deals were few... especially with the poor exchange rate to the US Dollar.

There appear to be a few cospay cafes but didn't go into any.

Didn't see anyone beyond store employees in cosplay around.
by Teban S rate this post as useful

reply to this thread